Why Test & Tag Electrical Appliances?
- Electricity is an essential source of energy used in just about everything we do in our workplaces but also potentially the most dangerous.
- We cannot hear, see or smell electricity but if we come in contact with mains supply electricity the outcomes can range from a minor shock through to electrocution and death.
- Electrical safety is an essential component in providing a safe working environment.
- Regular testing and tagging in accordance with the Australian Standards Code 3760:2010 is recognised by authorities and regulators as a best practice approach for contributing to electrical safety in the workplace.
- Regular testing and tagging of electrical appliances is appreciated by staff and workers and helps build a cooperative approach to workplace safety.
- Injuries and/or death resulting from an unsafe workplace can result in fines and/or loss of workers compensation insurance cover leaving the employer fully liable for all cost outcomes.
- Testing and tagging is a cost effective tool in providing electrical workplace safety.